By The Associated Press
Samsung and Apple dominate with nearly half of the worldwide market for smartphones. On Wednesday, Samsung announced its latest, a new version of the Galaxy Note.
Here are IDC's figures for worldwide smartphone unit shipments and market share in the second quarter of 2012:
- Samsung Electronics Co., 50.2 million units, 32.6 percent share (17 percent a year earlier)
- Apple Inc., 26 million units, 16.9 percent share (18.8 percent a year earlier)
- Nokia Corp., 10.2 million units, 6.6 percent share (15.4 percent a year earlier)
- HTC Corp., 8.8 million units, 5.7 percent share (10.7 percent a year earlier)
- ZTE Corp., 8 million units, 5.2 percent share (1.8 percent a year earlier)
- Other, 50.7 million units, 32.9 percent share (36.2 percent a year earlier)
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.